On September 30th at 1:00 EST, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation will be hosting a discussion about how U.S. communities can learn with Indigenous peoples in New Zealand and around the world to advance health equity and create a more sustainable and healthy future.
Topics for discussion:
- Practical lessons for cultivating a reciprocal relationship with nature to advance health equity
- How Māori peoples in New Zealand are inspiring U.S. tribes to heal the Colorado river and reclaim health for their communities
- What steps U.S. communities and policymakers can take to learn with Indigenous peoples across the globe
- Karabi Acharya, senior director, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Aleena Kawe, founder, president and CEO, Red Star International
- Herminia Frias, councilwoman, Pascua Yaqui Tribal Council
Watch the trailer for the documentary From the Mountains to the Sea to learn more.